Sinai Synagogue is an inclusive and engaging Reform community. We aim to welcome everyone and operate on a basis of equality and mutual respect.
Sinai has a duty of care to all users of its facilities – members, staff and visitors – and nobody should be made to feel unwelcome, uncomfortable or unsafe.
Everyone deserves respect and to be able to enjoy the peace, friendship and facilities of Sinai without disturbance.
Code of Conduct
This Code of Conduct requires ALL users (members and visitors) of Sinai’s facilities to take all reasonable steps to:
- refrain from disrespectful and offensive language and behaviour at all times;
- respect the safety of others;
- respect how services, functions and activities are delivered at Sinai;and
- avoid damaging the building and its contents and the property of other users.
If a member or visitor has any feedback or suggestions as to how Sinai’s activities can be improved, this should be delivered in a considered and respectful way.
In addition, ALL users of Sinai’s facilities can expect the following:
- No-one will be harassed, abused or intimidated either verbally or physically;
- Everyone will be treated with dignity and respect regardless of race, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age;
- At all times, people’s feelings will be valued and respected. Language or humour that people find offensive and unwelcome will not be tolerated.
All incidents of harassment or inappropriate behaviour should be reported immediately. You can do so by contacting a member of the Board, the Rabbi or the office. All such incidents will be treated very seriously and in confidence.
In all cases, an amicable and acceptable resolution will be sought. If a matter cannot be resolved by way of an amicable and acceptable apology and an undertaking that the offence will not be repeated, the following action will be taken:
- The offender will be given a written warning;
- If there is a repeat offence, the offender will be barred from Sinai’s facilities for a defined period.
November 2017 Review date: November 2018.